- Connects directly to your computer via USB
- Aphex Aural Xciter® and Big Bottom® processing built-in
- Optical, analog compressor built-in
- High-output headphone amp built-in
This condenser microphone features a great sounding, high performance capsule with a low-mass diaphragm, custom-engineered for Aphex to have extended frequency response and superior transient response. The cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source.
Home Recording – Whatever software you use, Microphone X will provide amazing results without having to buy any external hardware.
Podcasting – Make your Podcasts standout from the rest by providing excellent sound quality! Keep your listeners coming back for more!
Voiceover and Narration – Are you tired of sending out demos for voice over and narration jobs and getting no replies? Use the processing power of the Aphex Microphone X and get noticed.
Recording Software Included:
- Reaper Digital Audio Workstation software
- Harrison Mixbus Digital Audio Workstation with “True Analog Mixing”
Harrison Mixbus Recording Software
- High performance, cardioid capsule
- Aphex preamp
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz recording resolution
- Analog Aural Exciter & Big Bottom Processing: Enhances your sound before it is broadcast or recorded. These features provide that “larger than life” radio voice for podcasts or a warm and present tone for vocalists.
- Analog Optical Compressor: Keeps your dynamic range under control and provides a consistent input level to the DAW without clipping.
- High Output Headphone Amp: Loud and clear headphone amplifier based on the Aphex HeadPod 4. It's the only USB microphone that offers this kind of performance
- Desktop stand, USB cable and carry bag included!
ReviewsRecordingHacks.com - March 2014
|Mac OSX 10.5 and higher|
|Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)|
|Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1 (32/64-bit), Windows 8/8.1|
|Audio resolution||Up to 96k, 24-bit|
|Headphone Output:||125mW into 16 Ohms|
|Frequency Response:||20Hz – 20kHz|
|Max SPL:||120 dB|
All specifications are subject to change without notice.back to top
ManualsMicrophone X Owner's Manual
- Play Video Junk by Paul McCartney recorded with the Aphex USB mic with analogue processing. With Carole Pellatt.
- Play Video Anthony Parsons - Vocal Phenomenon from the UK. Recorded in one pass, using only Microphone X built-in processing
- Play Video Microphone X Demo from NAMM 2012
- Play Video Creating a Subgroup in Harrison Mixbus