64 Channel Bi-Directional Digital Audio Snake System
The Aphex™ Model 828M is a point-to-point 64 channel bi-directional snake designed to easily and cost effectively connect digital or analog audio systems as a mic snake or a drive snake for industry standard preamplifiers, consoles, DAWs and recorders.
The Anaconda Model 828M features two MADI outputs as well as pass-through for digital audio at 96kHz sample rate via SMUX protocol.
An Anaconda system is comprised of two identical units on either end of an optical fiber run. There are eight ADAT optical inputs and outputs on each unit for local interfacing. Word clock is generated by an ultra-precision voltage-controlled crystal; external word clock is fed through one BNC with 75 Ohm termination; word clock distribution through eight BNCs; and one RJ-45 for control and metering/status feedback for products such as the Aphex 188 and 1788A mic preamplifiers.
Each unit has two fiber transceivers with automatic failure switching for redundancy. The transceivers use industry standard SC connectors for use with low cost, readily available multimode fiber. Two internal power supplies automatically switch if one fails. The units are designed to be mounted in the rear of a rack for ease of connection and space efficiency.
Aphex recommends The Neutrik OpticalCon® Series of connectors.
See the Neutrik web page HERE
- 8 ADAT inputs and outputs (64 channel bi-directional)
- 2 MADI outputs on BNC
- 8 Word Clock outputs on BNC
- Internal ultra-precision crystal generated word clock
- External word clock reference input
- Redundant transceivers for two separate fiber runs
- Low latency (<50¼sec)
- Easily interfaced with Aphex 1788A remote controlled preamps and digital consoles, DAWs and recorders
- Industry standard SC or ST connectors and multimode fiber (single mode optional)
- RJ-45 connectors for Ethernet control and metering of Aphex 188, 1788A and firmware updates
- Redundant switch-mode power supplies work from 85 to 264VAC
ard SC or ST connectors and multimode fiber (single mode optional)
Anaconda Block Diagram
Anaconda Full System Diagramback to top
Links & ResourcesPreliminary User Manual
828M Firmware Update - V 1.1 March 2010
This .exe file is for PC users.
1)Download the .exe file here: 828M Firmware Update - V 1.1 March 2010 (26.5k) Save it somewhere (!)
2) Power down the 828M.
3) Open the unit's cover.
4) There is a dip jumper at Header H14. It should be on the pins labelled RUN. Move it to the two pins labelled PROG.
5) Power up the unit and connect it to the PC using ethernet.
6) Make sure the PC is programmed wiith a fixed IP address of 192.168.20.10 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
7) Run the program. Press the UPLOAD button when ready.
8) The progress bar indicates data transfer.
9) Power down the unit and move the jumper back to the RUN position instead of the PROG position at Header H14.