“Transparent peak limiting for broadcast, recording and live sound. The perfect Compellor companion.”
Higher Loudness Than Conventional Limiters While Maintaining Audio Quality
The Aphex Model 722 Dominator II is a stereo MultiBand peak limiter designed to fit a wide range of applications. Through the use of MultiBand techniques along with patented Aphex technologies, the limiting action is practically inaudible such that greater limiting depth is possible, resulting in higher loudness while maintaining audio quality. At virtually any limiting depth, the Dominator II is free of most artifacts normally associated with limiters. As a peak overshoot protection limiter, the Dominator II is undetectable in line while it absolutely prevents peak levels from exceeding a user settable output level. In addition, the desired limiting effects of greater audio density and increased punch are readily available with the Dominator II.
The Model 722 has Pre and De-emphasis circuitry included for broadcast use.
- Protection of amplifiers and speakers from overload
- Preventing sudden peak overload of a mixer or recorder
- Ensuring clean recording by stopping clipping of peaks and overshoots.
- Maximizes bit usage for less distortion.
- Satellite Uplink — Modulation control on high frequency audio, gives reduced distortion, better signal-to- noise.
- Broadcasting — AM and FM modulation control for increased loudness
- Location Film Shoots — anti-clip for dialog and sound effects recording.
- Post Production — Soundtrack peak control; managing difficult dialog; controlling transient sound effects.
- Analog Mastering — peak control for high allowable average cutting levels; less limiter degradation to the program
- STL & Phone Line Driver — maximize signal-to-noise without overload distortion
|Frequency Response||±0.5 dB 10Hz to 50 kHz||same|
|Nominal Gain||0dB +14dB / -21dB||0dB +8dB / -21dB|
|THD (Ref 1kHz, no limiting)|
|Max Input (MIL)||+26dBu||+16dBu|
|Max Output Level (MOL)*||+24dBm Peak||+14dBm Peak|
|*(MOL is limited by the peak ceiling setting. The output stage is capable of +25dBu into 600 ohms)|
|Crosstalk||-60dB up to 10kHz||same|
|Dynamic Range||104 dB||same|
|Input Circuits||Servo Balanced Transformerless|
|Output Circuits||Servo Balanced Transformerless|
|Input Connectors||3-pin XLR Female|
|Output Connectors||3-pin XLR Male|
|Input Impedance||19.5k ohms unterminated; 600 ohms by rear panel switch(terminator lifts in bypass mode)|
|Output Impedance||65 Ohms|
|Input CMRR||Better than 50dB 20Hz to 20kHz|
|Input RF Rejection||Better than 40dB at 800kHz; better than 60dB above 2 MHz|
|Input Gain||+14dB / -21dB||+8dB / -21dB|
|LF Crossover||100Hz / 210Hz|
|HF Crossover||1.7kHz / 3.4kHz|
|Release Time||150msec to 7 seconds|
|Density||-5 to +5 RCH|
|Output Ceiling||-9 to +24dB (peak) (=peak value of sinewave)|
|Power Requirements||120 VAC 50-60 Hz 30 Watts (100, 220, 240 options)|
|Power Fuse||100/120 VAC = .375A SloBlo; 220/240 VAC = .25A SloBlo|
|Dimensions||19″W x 1.75″H x 9.5″ D (482.6mm x 44.5mm x 241.2mm)|
|Net Weight||9 lbs (4.08 kg)|